India At Work
1. The Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production (IIP) are released on 12th of every month (or previous working day if 12th is a holiday) with a six weeks lag and compiled with data received from source agencies, which in turn receive the data from the producing factories/ establishments.
2. For the month of March 2022, the Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production (IIP) with base 2011-12 stands at 148.3. The Indices of Industrial Production for the Mining, Manufacturing and Electricity sectors for the month of March 2022 stand at 144.6, 144.6 and 191.0 respectively. These Quick Estimates will undergo revision in subsequent releases as per the revision policy of IIP.
3. As per Use-based classification, the indices stand at 153.3 for Primary Goods, 110.0 for Capital Goods, 154.8 for Intermediate Goods and 170.5 for Infrastructure/ Construction Goods for the month of March 2022. Further, the indices for Consumer durables and Consumer non-durables stand at 128.8 and 149.3 respectively for the month March 2022.
4. Details of Quick Estimates of the Index of Industrial Production for the month of March 2022 at Sectoral, 2-digit level of National Industrial Classification (NIC-2008) and by Use-based classification are given at Statements I, II and III respectively. Also, for users to appreciate the changes in the industrial sector, Statement IV provides month-wise indices for the last 12 months, by industry groups (as per 2-digit level of NIC-2008) and sectors.
5. Along with the Quick Estimates of IIP for the month of March 2022, the indices for February 2022 have undergone the first revision and those for December 2021 have undergone final revision in the light of the updated data received from the source agencies. The Quick Estimates for March 2022, the first revision for February 2022 and the final revision for December 2021 have been compiled at weighted response rates of 90 percent, 91 percent and 94 percent respectively.
6. Release of the Index for April 2022 will be on Friday, 10th June 2022.
Read More at https://www.pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1824763